Non-Profits / Church / Schools Insurance
Non-Profits / Church / Schools Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Non-Profit Insurance Quote Form
Church Insurance Quote Form
School Insurance Quote Form
Non-Profits / Church / Schools Insurance Information
Just like businesses protect their assets with insurance, nonprofits should do the same. Non-profit organizations are all unique in their operations. While some work to preserve wildlife, others care for the elderly. What if a sudden fire burned down your headquarters? What would happen to the people, animals or environments your nonprofit serves?
What are the benefits of nonprofit insurance?
Nonprofits often function on a tight budget. This makes getting insurance important as a large, unexpected expense can be detrimental. A good nonprofit insurance policy will have the right balance of price and coverage.
What types of insurance should a nonprofit get?
There are many types of insurance for nonprofits. Here are some common types of nonprofit insurance. Keep in mind this is a list of the different types. Because every nonprofit is different, we can help you determine which coverage best fits your needs.
- General liability insurance protects against injury and property damage to third parties. This can include visitors, customers, suppliers or associates. Employees are often covered separately by worker’s compensation.
- Property insurance protects your assets in the event of a fire, disaster or vandalism. These assets can include the building, fixtures, equipment, machinery, furniture, computers, inventory and supplies.
- Auto insurance covers injuries from an accident involving your staff or volunteers using any car, including their own, for nonprofit activities.
- Product liability insurance protects your nonprofit in the event of a lawsuit claiming your product is unsafe or defective.
- Directors and officers insurance protects the members of your board of directors and your officers in the event of a lawsuit alleging fraud or financial mismanagement.
- Professional liability insurance protects against claims of mismanagement and workplace incidents like discrimination or sexual harassment.
- Workers’ compensation compensates employees for medical expenses and lost wages after an on-the-job injury.
Get started today!
Contact us for a customized evaluation of your nonprofit’s needs. We will search for the right coverage to fit your needs and budget so you can keep working to better the community.
A church is more than a building. It’s a community.
A church is a worship center where people unite in a familiar, comfortable environment. Individuals seeking spiritual guidance join together to form a familial bond. It is your ministry’s duty to maintain a safe and welcoming facility. Should disaster strike, a church insurance policy can protect the community physically and emotionally in times of need.
What types of church insurance are available?
Like other kinds of insurance, there are a variety of options to choose from in regards to church insurance. Most plans include property and liability coverage.
Property coverage protects buildings, signage, fences and contents from damage and theft. Some of the non-standard items that are covered include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Stained glass windows
- Equipment failure, including electronics
- Fire and security alarm upgrades
- Personal property loss worldwide, e.g., items lost on a mission trip
Liability coverage protects the ministry against claims of property damage or bodily injury that occur on church property or at a church-sponsored event. Enhanced liability coverage includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Personal injury liability
- Teacher/governing board liability
- Specialized emotional injury liability
- Sexual misconduct liability
- Directors, officers and trustees officers liability
- Employee practices liability
It may be beneficial to add commercial auto insurance and workers compensation to your policy for added protection.
Make the most of your church insurance.
In addition to your property and liability coverage, you can add a variety of optional coverages so your policy is customized to your church’s needs. These can include the following:
- Lost wage coverage
- Key person replacement coverage
- Computer fraud coverage
- Flood coverage
Contact us today to learn more about coverage options. Our agents are happy to work with you to determine which coverages best meet your needs.
Parents and students both rely on schools to keep attending children safe. No matter how hard a school works to ensure the safety of the students, accidents and injuries can occur and schools are at risk for lawsuits both frivolous and sound. In order to protect its own interests and ensure its future operation, schools should secure both liability and property insurance specific to their individual risks.
Liability Insurance for Schools
While a general liability insurance policy will cover many of the liability risks schools face when having students, parents and visitors on its grounds, more specific policies may also be necessary. Student and athletic accident insurance is one such policy. This policy will generally cover injuries and accidents that can occur during sports-related extracurricular activities both on school property and when away on field trips.
In addition to this coverage, schools may also consider catastrophic accident insurance in order to cover the long-term medical care and excessive medical care expenses faced by students who are injured. An additional accidental death and dismemberment policy may also be advisable.
In order to protect employees, schools should consider employment practices liability insurance, which offers protection from the expense of lawsuits and claims for inappropriate employment practices. If automobiles are operated on behalf of the school or are owned by the school, the proper liability insurance to comply with state regulations should be purchased. Finally, directors and officers liability insurance can protect board members, principals and others against claims of assault and abuse.
Property Insurance For Schools
To protect the building and contents of the school, a commercial property insurance policy may be necessary. This will not only protect school property against fires and other covered hazards, but will also generally protect against crimes such as theft and vandalism. School administrators should be careful to structure the policy’s limits to cover the real financial risks involved in losing expensive school equipment, such as computers.